Monday, January 11, 2010

The Vacation Conundrum

Today, just a few minutes ago, I decided I was going to post some hilarious pictures of Ross and me dressed up in our '80s clothes for a dance we went to last weekend. But then I realized that the pictures are still on my camera, and my camera is all packed away neatly in its case. This is a problem because I am already in bed, and to reach my camera case, I would be required to, um...sit up. And reach kind of far. (Like 9 inches.)

But like I said, I'm already in bed.

So instead, I'll talk to you about what I just dubbed "the vacation conundrum." Today was my first day back to school after a three-week hiatus. Those three weeks, with the exception of our six Christmases (which I should post about soon!), were SO relaxing. We slept until mid-morning every day. We did what we wanted. Some days, I didn't even leave the house. I generally performed not more than one actual task per day, and that task was usually something pretty innocuous. For example, one day I did a load of laundry. One day I made a batch of cookies. One day I watched Law & Order. One day I put on pants that most people would consider acceptable for wearing outside one's home. I digress. My point is that we took it really easy over the holiday break.

I should be relaxed and well-rested. Why, then, was I overcome by exhaustion at 7 p.m. after only one day of school?

Hence, the vacation conundrum. Vacations are only relaxing while you're actually on them.

I guess it's not all bad. Those three weeks were pretty stinking great.

Less boring random thoughts next time. More hilarious pictures. Promise!

1 comment:

  1. I suppose I will forgive you for not reaching for that camera, but only because I wouldn't have either. I like that you pretend that there was only one day that you watched Law & Order, instead of the possible truth that Law & Order was actually playing in the background of every other event. I mean, Law & Order is perfect to watch while doing laundry. And baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete