- Rows and rows and rows of slot machines
- A bright red plastic ashtray at each and every slot machine
- Old ladies clutching dollar bills in the left hand and a burning cigarette in the right hand
- Five middle-aged men on stage playing country music (and they weren't bad, really)
- A "non-smoking area," which measured about 100 square feet and was immediately adjacent to a cigarette vending machine
It was pretty crazy, and Nathan was less than impressed. I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that he put $10 in a slot machine and lost it all in about three minutes. "Big money! No whammy!" he said. But it was big whammy, no money.
We surveyed the despair around us and decided we didn't want to become senior citizens clutching their Social Security money at the penny slots. So we left and went for frozen yogurt.