Friday, February 5, 2010

TV

Preface: We don't watch a lot of TV at our house. We only get channels 2 through 22, so I watch a lot of network stuff. And TBS -- I don't think I could live without Seinfeld reruns.

So, I may be a bit behind the times, but what in the world is a "winter finale"? Have they always had these? I'm aware of season finales, but I had no idea that an episode mid-season could be considered a finale.

Somebody explain to me when this whole winter finale phenomenon got started. Once again, I am behind the times.

2 comments:

  1. Well, as someone who watches TV way too much, I have never heard of "winter" finales. Pretty sure it's a new concept to get more viewers and an excuse to play reruns midseason, while everyone says, "oh, well they played the winter finale, so they won't be new until the spring premier!" I just made up the term spring premier, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd assume they're simply using the season in question as a marker for the ending of the TV season's run of the show. It lacks creativity and pizazz, but it is what it is I suppose. Lame.

    ReplyDelete